Product Code: ALDT2
Special introductory price of £44 - normally £49!
This is a pack of resources designed to support Assessment for Learning in the new AQA 9-1 GCSE Design and Technology.
This resource, written by a former senior examiner, presents an approach that has been proven in classrooms to raise attainment. It breaks down the NEA criteria into a series of easy to understand statements in pupil friendly language. It supports both self assessment and peer assessment, thus enabling students to identify their own areas for improvement.
It can also be used to support teachers in understanding and applying the assessment criteria for GCSE 9-1 D&T. It has been developed from an approach used for the previous GCSE D&T courses; this was developed by a former senior examiner and applied in his own classroom with great success, typically improving value added by more than one grade.
Included in this pack:
- Teachers notes, including an introduction to using Assessment for Learning (AfL) and how to use the resource.
- An editable version of tables listing the specific requirements to achieve the marks in each section of the NEA, written in ‘pupil-speak’, alongside tick boxes for self and peer assessment.
- An editable ‘front section’ for a pupil AfL workbook, explaining how to use the resource and with spaces for setting appropriate targets.
- Copies of KS3 and KS4 level and grade descriptor statements derived from the GCSE 9-1 D&T specification.
- BONUS: Additional sheets detailing product analysis, specification writing and the use of SCARED for designing.
The ‘tick-box’ tables can be used either individually or as a booklet by students, to support improvements in their own attainment. They are not specific to an individual project, so can be used with any of the contexts provided by the exam board.
Dispatch and Payment Details
This resource is supplied as a PDF and Word files and is dispatched via email. You are free to print/make as many copies as you like within your school, and/or to upload to your school network/VTLE as long as it is password protected.
To purchase online please click add to cart and follow the on screen checkout instructions. If you wish to buy via school purchase order please follow the instructions here.