Product Code: HWDT2
For the new GCSE in Design and Technology - first teaching in September 2017. Written for the AQA specification.
There are three keys to success in GCSE exams: subject knowledge, exam technique and confidence. Our GCSE homework packs have been written by former senior examiners and outstanding teachers. They contain at least one separate worksheet for every sub-section of the named GCSE specification, written in the style of exam questions. These are each supported by an associated mark scheme. The questions can be printed and set as homework activities to support the lessons covering each area of subject knowledge, or for revision. They can then be used as a peer assessment activity with students marking each others’ work, or marked by teachers.
By using these worksheets, learners can consolidate or develop their subject knowledge. They can also increase their understanding of what the questions are asking for and how to answer them – therefore also helping to increase their confidence. This addresses all three of the keys for success in their GCSE exams!
This resource includes:
- Teachers' notes, suggesting how the resource can be used effectively.
- A series of over 50 individual worksheets containing exam-style questions (at least one worksheet for each sub-section of the specification).
- Immediately following each work sheet, a mark scheme for that question.
What teachers have said about our homework packs:
- 'What a fantastic resource... I think it's brilliant!' - Steve Ridley, Middleton Technology College
- 'The homework packs are absolutely fantastic!' - James Longridge, Head of D&T - Heckmondwike Grammar School
- 'The homework pack is fab!! So glad you told me about it!' - KD, Staffordshire
- 'This pack made a huge difference to the performance of my students in the examination component of the course. This made all the difference to their overall results.' - MT, Manchester
Dispatch and Payment Details
This pack is provided as a PDF file and dispatched via email. You are free to print/make as many copies as you like within your school, and/or to upload to your school network/VTLE as long as it is password protected.
To purchase online please click add to cart and follow the on screen checkout instructions. If you wish to buy via school purchase order please follow the instructions here.